I’ve spent the last month periodically working on my overstuffed basement and storage units. Much of what I’ve removed has been treated as trash — in theory, all the vintage car and motorcycle magazines and dealer catalogues down there have value, but in practice I’m not going to separate, photograph, and list them all.
The Spaceman pedals, on the other hand… These were valuable when they were new and they’re now approaching unobtanium status. I’m no longer playing anything like a public gig, so I’ve been slowly converting my guitar-centric collection into basses and bass amps for my son, who is at the beginning of his music career rather than the end.
Thus, we have the Reverb store known as The Squid’s Gear Locker. What’s going to be listed there? Well…
Look for at least the following in the months to come — and if you have a genuine interest, I’ll sell to you ahead of time at a discount rate.
- Several more Spaceman pedals
- Virtually the entire Red Witch pedal lineup, including a Pentavocal Trem
- A Gibson Collector’s Choice #01 Les Paul. These are changing hands in the $10-12k range but I’d make a bit of a deal here.
- A Ren Ferguson era Gibson “Doves In Flight” acoustic.
- One or two high-end PRS guitars — Private Stock, Modern Eagle, that sort of thing
- A Fender Custom Shop Dale Wilson “Masterbuilt” Jazzmaster
- A new-with-plastic-on-it Fender Thurston Moore Jazzmaster
- An ESP XJ-6 made in Japan
- (Possibly) A Fano Retrosphear
Trades accepted: Fodera and Fender Custom Shop basses, high-end bass amps.
I appreciate your patience with these various commercial messages — one thing I’ve learned in the past month is that I own a lot of things which will go completely untouched in the next few decades unless I get serious about getting them out to the people who want and can use them.